[vc_row el_id=”1588288066895-27411039-e1ca”][vc_column el_id=”1588288066957-d301a6f9-28de”][vc_column_text]
What is Sensory Play?
Children at a very young age start to explore and learn about their surroundings, using all their five senses. Grown-ups normally utilize one or two senses to understand their surroundings, while for babies the maximum senses they use, the better they understand their surroundings.
“Research shows that babies learn much more from interacting with their environments than they do from passive observation, and sensory play encourages the development and integration of the senses through exploration.” (Source:What is sensory play and why do it?)
Sensory play can be any play that involves the senses. It allows children to play, explore, create, and engage in experiential learning through their senses.
Let’s take a look at a fun sensory bin you can set up for your Dinosaur lovers!
Dinosaur Sensory bin:
This sensory bin is quite simple to put together and lots of fun!
You will need:
- A big container, a tub, or a large tray ( anything big enough to be able to fit all the components of the activity)
- Lentils (Try using different colors to give it that rocky look)
- Trees and rock props
- DINOSAUR figures
- Start by spreading the lentils on the surface of your container. You don’t have to be organized.
- Add your trees and rocks prop.
- Finally, place your dinosaurs just the way you like.
Tips :For an added fine motor element and fun ,add scoops, toothbrushes and fishing nets!