Spectacokids is looking to hire dedicated and energetic skilled individuals to fill contract-based Instructor Therapist positions in the GTA and surrounding areas.
The position involves working with children diagnosed with Autism and other Developmental Disabilities. Candidates must be willing to be supervised by a Senior therapist and Clinical supervisor. Successful candidates will be providing therapy in homes of the clients so the candidate must be willing to travel to client homes within the GTA. We are currently seeking therapists in the following cities: Brampton, Burlington, Halton region, Markham, Milton, Mississauga, Oakville, Richmond Hill, Toronto, Vaughan, and York region.
If you are looking for a meaningful work with a team that provides training and a supportive environment, apply with us!
· Flexibility in your schedule
· Comprehensive training
· A supportive team
· Weekly Pay.
· Annual Bonuses
Role and Responsibilities
· Implement ABA therapy in 1:1 DTT and NET in the homes of the clients.
· Monitor child’s progress through data collection and graphing.
· Provide parent training, education, and support services.
· Administer Functional Assessments.
· Develop individual and/or group goals and strategies.
· Identify additional service needs as appropriate and assist family in accessing services.
· Provide modeling techniques and strategies
· Communicate with Senior Therapist and BCBA as well as parents on an on-going basis
· Adhere to company policies and procedures
· 1 year of experience of working and teaching children with special needs
· A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
· Flexibility to work evenings and weekends (until 7pm and occasional Saturdays until 5 pm)
· A College Diploma or University Degree in a related field.
· ABA/Autism-related Diploma/Certificate is an asset.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Eager to learn
· Updated vulnerable sector check
· First aid and CPR trained is an asset.
COVID-19 considerations: Mask wearing required
Spectacokids is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. Successful candidates who receive a conditional offer of hire will be eligible for accommodation in employment up to the point of undue hardship for bona fide human rights related restrictions and limitations. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position type: independent contractor (1+ positions, full time/part time hours available )
Hours: 4-40 hours
Start Date: As soon as possible Wage: $20– $30 per hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday (occasional weekends)